W. C. Jameson is an award-winning songwriter, recording artist, and performer who spends much of the year on the road playing his songs at folk festivals, concert halls, house concerts, colleges and universities, roadhouses, and on television. His ten CDs have received critical acclaim, and he is heard regularly on Americana/folk radio stations throughout the United States and Europe.
Playing coast to coast and border to border, Jameson has shared the stage over the years with diverse artists including Waylon Jennings, WIllie Nelson, Emmylou Harris, Kris Kristofferson, Dennis Quaid, Richard Dobson, Guy Clark, Walt Wilkins, and many others.
Among his numerous musical accomplishments, Jameson:
* Has written the musical scores for two PBS documentaries
* Has written all or portions of sound tracks for six feature films
* Wrote and appeared in the musical Whatever Happened to the Outlaw, Jesse James
* Has appeared at dozens of cowboy poetry and music gatherings, including the National Cowboy Poetry
Gathering at Elko, Nevada, as well as dozens of regional gatherings
* Has two of his songs included in the list of Top 100 Western Songs in America
* Had one of his songs selected as the theme for a special Western Channel presentation
* Has had several of his songs covered by other artists
* Has had his songs included on CD anthologies
* Has had music videos produced of two of his songs: "I Dug the Postholes" and "hen Roy Rogers Was Around
* His duet album with Richard Dobson, Plenty Good People, debuted at No. 14 on theEuroAmericana Top 40 chart
* Has had his music featured on National Public Radio
* Provided the vocal and instrumental sound track for the Stept Studios production titled W. C. Jameson
* * *
April 25, 2020
I'm proud to announce the release of A Gathering of Old Friends: A Tribute to Richard Dobson,
an album I was honored to produce, along with Rick Dinsmore and Bradley Hartman,
at The Lodge in Georgetown, Texas. Dozen's of Ricardo's Old Friends from throughout Texas,
as well as Nashville, Europe, and elsewhere pitched in for this project, fifty in all. They included
Rodney Crowell, Noel McKay, Kenny Williams, Tessy Lou Williams, Chuck Hawthorne, Libby Koch,
The Hemmer Ridge Mountain Boys (Townes Van Zandt's old band), and many more.
The CD has been inserted into the Euro Americana radio programming and promotional pipeline.
Texas expatiate Dobson (1942-2017) lived in Switzerland and remained extremely popular in Europe.
This CD will introduce all of the amazing participants on this album to those receptive audiences.
Richard Dobson recorded over 20 albums in his lifetime. His songs have been covered by Johnny Cash,
June Carter Cash, Guy Clark, Steve Earle, Terry Allen, Nanci Griffith, Joe Ely, Dave Edmunds,
Carlene Carter, Kelly Willis, Billy Jo Spears, Chuck Hoawthorne, and a host of others.
Rest in preace, old friend.
To obtain a copy of the CD or receive more information, contact me via this website.